Prospective Theatre Student Visits
Thank you for your interest in CSU Theatre. Theatre is an open major at CSU—you do not need to audition to be accepted into the major. Please apply to CSU through the Office of Admissions. CSU Theatre holds auditions for scholarship consideration and we provide several options for auditioning.
Virtual Visit Session
The 2020 virtual visit session is for high school students, transfer students, and associate degree graduates and their parents/guardians to meet with CSU Theatre students and faculty. The event includes themed break-out sessions.
Date & Registration:
- Friday, Nov. 13, 2020, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Register for the Virtual Visit Session
Itinerary (subject to change):
- Part I: Introduction to CSU Theatre for students and parents/guardians
- Part II: Breakout sessions (happen concurrently)
- Prospective students meet with area heads and student representatives for Q&A sessions by topic, including performance, costume design, digital media design, lighting design, set design, stage management, and general theatre.
- Parents/guardians meet with CSU Theatre administration and a representative from student financial aid.
In conjunction with the spring presentation of She Kills Monsters by by Qui Nguyen, CSU Theatre invites high school students and transfer students to attend the play along with a pre-performance information session and backstage tour with theatre faculty and staff.
- Friday, April 30, 2021, 6:30 p.m.
- Registration is required (available Jan. 2021)
Schedule an Individual Information Session
Thank you for your interest in Colorado State University and the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance. While the university is not hosting campus visits due to COVID-19, the university is not closed and has moved online. To answer your questions about theatre at CSU, we are offering video conferencing information sessions. Please fill out the following form and we will schedule a time to visit with you. Schedule your meeting here.
Testimonials About Individual Visits
Everyone there was so happy and the girls giving me a tour seemed happy to be at CSU and were happy to be showing me around. It was a great experience and i cant wait to see more of what CSU has to offer. — High School Student, Sept. 2019
Got to have a more personal tour, met one on one with a lot of new friendly faces, which I liked! —High School Student, Feb. 2020
For questions or assistance about auditions or visits, please contact SMTD@colostate.edu, or call (970) 491-2675.