Audition for A Play at CSU
Audition for a Play
A theatre interest meeting is held the first day of the fall semester, Monday at 5 p.m. in the University Theatre in the University Center for the Arts located at 1400 Remington Street. Map.
- All students in the performance concentration are required to audition for all productions.
- All students at CSU, regardless of major, may audition for a theatre production.
- First year theatre performance majors should take TH 186 in the fall, which allows you to crew a show during your first semester.
- Students outside of the theatre major who would like an introduction to working in the shops may take TH 186 Practicum, TH 161 Technical Theatre: Stagecraft, and/or TH 286 Practicum; an override will be needed.
- If you have questions or need access to the Theatre Canvas Call-board, please contact Matt Grevan.
Auditions for both shows will happen on Saturday, November 6 and Sunday, November 7, 10 a.m. — 2 p.m. in the Large Acting Lab at the University Center for the Arts (UCA). The UCA is located at 1400 Remington Street.
Callbacks for both shows will be on Sunday, November 13; time is TBD.
How to prepare:
- Sign up for one, five-minute time slot through Sign Up Genius by clicking this link. Sign ups close Friday, November 5, 5 p.m.
- All actors auditioning must fill out an audition form by clicking this link prior to auditions. The audition form also closes on Friday, November 5, 5 p.m.
- All actors need to fill out an availability form for Spring 2022, which will be uploaded to your audition form. Click this link for the form.
What to prepare:
Each actor should prepare one contemporary monologue and 32 bars of a song to sing. Actors must bring sheet music to their audition for the accompanist. For advice on song selection please see Vocal Coach Patty Goble's announcement here.