Audition for A Play at CSU
Audition for a Play
A theatre interest meeting is held the first day of the fall semester, Monday at 5 p.m. in the University Theatre in the University Center for the Arts located at 1400 Remington Street. Map.
- All students in the performance concentration are required to audition for all productions.
- All students at CSU, regardless of major, may audition for a theatre production.
- First year theatre performance majors should take TH 186 in the fall, which allows you to crew a show during your first semester.
- Students outside of the theatre major who would like an introduction to working in the shops may take TH 186 Practicum, TH 161 Technical Theatre: Stagecraft, and/or TH 286 Practicum; an override will be needed.
- If you have questions or need access to the Theatre Canvas Call-board, please contact Matt Grevan.
Auditions will be held on April 23-24 for the Fall 2022 productions of The Wolves and Spring Awakening.
Auditions for both shows will happen on Saturday, April 23 and Sunday, April 24 in the Large Acting Lab at the University Center for the Arts (UCA). The UCA is located at 1400 Remington Street.
Callback times for both shows will be announced.
In preparation for auditions we ask all performers to prepare a one minute contemporary monologue from a play or movie and 32 bars of a song in the style of Spring Awakening.
All performers must fill out the audition form prior to signing up.
Performers should also note that Spring Awakening has intimate material and themes. Samples of the intimacy forms and procedures that will be used can be found here.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Matt.Grevan@colostate.edu.