Audition for A Play at CSU
Audition for a Play
A theatre interest meeting is held the first day of the fall semester, Monday at 5 p.m. in the University Theatre in the University Center for the Arts located at 1400 Remington Street. Map.
- All students in the performance concentration are required to audition for all productions.
- All students at CSU, regardless of major, may audition for a theatre production.
- First year theatre performance majors should take TH 186 in the fall, which allows you to crew a show during your first semester.
- Students outside of the theatre major who would like an introduction to working in the shops may take TH 186 Practicum, TH 161 Technical Theatre: Stagecraft, and/or TH 286 Practicum; an override will be needed.
- All students, regardless of major, may apply for shop work-study April. Please join the Canvas Call-Board to receive details.
- If you have questions or need access to the Theatre Canvas Call-board, please contact Matt Grevan.
Auditions for the Spring 2023 productions of The Normal Heart by Larry Kramer and Machinal by Sophie Treadwell will be held on Saturday, November 5, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., and Sunday, November 6, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Callbacks will be held the following weekend on November 12-13, 2022.
The actor is asked to prepare a one-minute to one-and-a-half-minute contemporary monologue.
Please fill out the following audition form. Once the form is complete, you will click a link inside the form that takes you to the audition sign up page. Please ensure that your form is complete prior to exiting the form and that you have reserved an audition time in the sign up genius prior to exiting the site. Audition Form
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Matt.Grevan@colostate.edu.