Audition for A Play at CSU
Audition for Plays Taking Place in Fall 2020
Update 08.11.20: It has been decided that due to several scheduling conflicts and other requirements for first year and incoming students that only second year and above students may audition for the fall productions. First year and incoming students will be allowed to audition for the spring shows at the end of the fall semester. If there are any questions about this, please contact Matt Grevan at Matt.Grevan@colostate.edu.
Our production season has adapted to meet the new situation and regulations. Both fall shows will be digitally produced.
- Tech students will still have design assignments on the shows.
- Set design will design models and/or digital backgrounds.
- There will be lighting designed for the performers in their spaces.
- Costumes will be designed for each character.
- Tech students will design and support two dance concerts and the organ concert.
The first fall production will be Boy Gets Girl by Rebecca Gilman, directed by Walton Jones.
- Interested actors should read the script for Boy Gets Girl located on the theatre department Canvas Call-board.
- Study all roles that you are interested in and write a monologue from that character's perspective using as much of the language from the script as possible.
- Once a monologue is completed, please record your monologue; submit your video, resume, headshot, and answer all required questions on this form.
- At CSU, all students, regardless of major, may audition for theatre productions but please see the update above about first-year students.
- Materials are due by Friday, Aug. 28, 5 p.m. MST
The second fall production will be Concord Floral: A Play, book by Jordan Tannahill, directed by Saffron Henke
- Interested actors should read the script for Concord Floral located on the CSU Theatre Canvas Call-board.
- Students should then select any monologue or small scene from the script (two-minutes or less).
- Record yourself, or a small group on Zoom for a scene, performing the selection.
- Complete this audition form — be sure to copy and paste the URL to your audition video in the audition form. Please ensure the is to your CSU One Drive.
- Also upload your resume and headshot.
- All material should be memorized.
- All materials are due Friday, Sept. 5, 5 p.m. MST.