Audition for A Play at CSU
Audition for a Play
A theatre interest meeting is held the first day of the fall semester, Monday at 5 p.m. in the University Theatre in the University Center for the Arts located at 1400 Remington Street. Map.
- All students in the performance concentration are required to audition for all productions.
- All students at CSU, regardless of major, may audition for a theatre production.
- First year theatre performance majors should take TH 186 in the fall, which allows you to crew a show during your first semester.
- Students outside of the theatre major who would like an introduction to working in the shops may take TH 186 Practicum, TH 161 Technical Theatre: Stagecraft, and/or TH 286 Practicum; an override will be needed.
- All students, regardless of major, may apply for shop work-study April. Please join the Canvas Call-Board to receive details.
- If you have questions or need access to the Theatre Canvas Call-board, please contact Matt Grevan.
Auditions for Fall 2023 productions of Silent Sky, directed by Debbie Swann, and The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, directed by Noah Racey take place on Saturday, April 22, and Sunday, April 23, beginning at 10 a.m. in the Large Acting Lab.
Callbacks are as follows:
- Spelling Bee: Saturday, April 29, beginning at 10 a.m. in the Large Acting Lab.
- Silent Sky: Sunday, April 30, beginning at 10 am in the Large Acting Lab.
What to prepare:
- A two minute contemporary monologue
- 32 bars of a song
Instructions for Spelling Bee Auditions: Audition_Song_Requirements.pdf
Please fill out the following audition form. Once the form is complete, you will click a link inside the form that takes you to the audition sign up page. Please ensure that your form is filled out completely before signing up for an audition time slot. Audition Form
Links to Scripts:
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Matt.Grevan@colostate.edu.