Auditions & Portfolio Reviews
In addition to applying to CSU through the Office of Admissions, a successful audition with CSU Theatre faculty is required to enter all of the CSU Theatre Concentrations.
- For all CSU Theatre degrees, prospective students must submit the CSU Theatre program application on the Acceptd platform.
- Current CSU students must also complete a successful audition to change to or add the Musical Theatre Concentration.
- Your program application and audition/portfolio review is also your scholarship audition.
Process for Becoming a CSU Theatre Major
- PART 1: Apply to CSU through the Office of Admissions. We urge you to apply for admission to the university as soon as possible during your senior year.
- PART 2: Audition or Portfolio Review - all degrees:
- Submit your CSU Theatre program application, and upload your audition video or portfolio files for review. The application will open in SEPTEMBER.
- CSU Theatre program auditions/portfolio reviews and scholarship applications submitted after Feb. 23 will be viewed on a space-available basis.
- PART 3: Results and notifications
- Program decisions will be sent by email by March 1.
- CSU Theatre scholarships are awarded based on auditions and portfolio reviews submitted to Acceptd. There is no separate audition or review for scholarships. Scholarship notifications will be sent by email by March 15.
Theatre Concentrations Audition/Portfolio Review Requirements:
AUDITION DATES FOR FALL 2024 START
- Performance Concentration Auditions (In-person and Virtual Options): Jan. 20, Feb. 10
- Musical Theatre Concentration Auditions (In-person and Virtual Options): Feb. 10, Feb. 17
- Design and Technology Concentrations Portfolio Review (Virtual): Jan. 20, Feb. 10
Auditions for productions are a separate process; auditions are held each semester and details can be found here.
For questions about the audition process and CSU Theatre, please email SMTD@colostate.edu.