Work-study application process
Students may apply for work-study positions in the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance (SMTD) production shops (Scenic, Paint, Props, Costumes, Electrics, and Audio). Student employment opportunities are managed in Handshake.
To apply for a work-study position:
- Create a student account in Handshake
- Locate the SMTD Production Shops work-study listing (Job #4578626)
- Follow the link in the post to fill out the application form.
- On the form, select all shops you are interested in.
- Answer application questions.
- Upload your resume.
- After a few weeks, shops will contact you to set up interviews.
If you do not currently have work-study through financial aid, applications for work-study open in early May in RamWeb under financial aid.
Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis, so make sure you put the date on your calendar!
After the shops have completed interviews and you confirm that you were awarded work-study through financial aid, hiring decisions will be made. If you currently have a work-study position in one of our shops you need to re-apply each year.